AREA INFORMATION —
· Lake Okeechobee—Bass Fishing Capital of the WORLD !!! Specs/Bluegills/Catfish/Frogs…
· Lake Okeechobee voted #2 best fishing lake in the USA in 2012 !!!
· Buckhead Ridge is a rural community of waterfront properties accessing Lake Okeechobee through locks.
· Buckhead is located in South-Central FL at the top of Lake Okeechobee.
· In Glades County, Buckhead is immediately over the county line from Okeechobee County but only 5 miles from Okeechobee City where shopping and dining is plentiful;
· Seminole Brighton Reservation and Casino is only a 15 minute drive west;
· This side of the Lake is known as a haven for duck hunters and fishermen alike; along with Speckled Perch (Crappie), Blue Gils, Catfish, Large-mouth Bass, and more.
· Lake Okeechobee is a thoroughfare for boat traffic crossing from the Atlantic to the Gulf by way of designated channels;
· Lake Okeechobee is also called “Grassy Lake” and “Big Water,” averaging only 12’ in depth—making it known for the best Large Mouth Bass Fishing in the world;
· Okeechobee County, and Glades County, are both a cattle, sugar and orange grove community with the largest livestock market in the Southeast;
· National Rodeo’s are held in Okeechobee twice a year, along with several local rodeo’s, and the huge finale’ held at the Brighton Reservation;
· A variety of visitor events occur from October thru May (crafts shows, reenactments of civil war and tribal history, music, fireworks, fishing tournaments, dog shows, bird festivals, hiking, cane grinding festivals, catfish festivals… a fun place to vacation!
· ...and alligator watching - Sand Hill cranes - school football - various parks where locals enjoy various activities—and beaches to the right or the left (East Coast or West Coast)/both being about a couple hour drive; and
· A fantastic (mostly paved) hiking trail totally around Lake Okeechobee for those who want to view nature at it’s best.
· Fabulous salt water fishing just an hour to the East or 2 hours to the West (Gulf)
· Numerous shopping Malls and Discount Malls to choose from only an hour drive.
· And so much more!
Flea markets, FISHING,
Golf, Restaurants, FL Sun,
Car Racing, Indian Reservation Gambling, Shopping...and more!